(New throughout, adds byline) By Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, Aug 16 (Reuters) - First Magnus Financial Corp., one of the largest independent U.S. mortgage lenders, said on Thursday it has stopped funding home loans and taking mortgage loan applications because investors are not buying its loans. First Magnus said it halted lending "in light of the collapse of the secondary mortgage market," according to a statement on its Web site. "We explored all options before taking this action but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-First Magnus, big US mortgage lender, halts loans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.