(Adds background) NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings downgraded Volkswagen AG's debt ratings on Friday, citing expected declines in profitability. Fitch said it forecasts lower earnings and cash generation for the German car company's fiscal years 2004 and 2005. The company has launched a program to improve performance by cutting costs, reducing investment, and improving sales performance, but executing this program may be difficult, Fitch said. Volkswagen's chief executive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fitch downgrades Volkswagen debt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.