(Adds details) DETROIT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Monday posted a higher-than-expected 19 percent increase in earnings, boosted by strength in its finance arm and the sale of its Hertz Corp. rental car unit, even as its core automotive division lost money. Ford, facing a deepening financial crisis in North America, said fourth-quarter net income was $124 million, or 8 cents a share, compared with $104 million, or 6 cents a share, a year ago. Excluding special items, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford 4th-qtr profit up 19 pct, autos in loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.