(Adds details, background, quotes) * Company to set up factory in western Indian state Gujarat * Says facility to be ready by 2014 * Says initial capacity at 240,000 and employ 5000 people MUMBAI, July 28 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Thursday said it plans to invest $1 billion to build a factory in western India, doubling its investment in the country as the U.S. carmaker seeks to gain a greater share in the second-fastest growing auto market in the world. Several global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford to build billion dollar plant in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642