(Recasts; adds quote, details and background) MEXICO CITY, May 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Friday it will build its new global car, the Fiesta, in Mexico as the struggling U.S. automaker tries to return to profitability. Chief Executive Alan Mulally said the company and its suppliers are sinking $3 billion into Ford's plants in Mexico, one of which will build the new subcompact car. "Ford is investing 2.4 billion (dollars) and 600 million (dollars will come) from our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford to build Fiesta in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.