(Recasts, adds details, quotes throughout) By Cameron French TORONTO, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Canadian autoworkers easily cleared the toughest hurdle in their current round of contract talks, reaching a tentative three-year agreement with Ford Motor Co. on Monday and handily beating an Oct. 1 midnight strike deadline. "We put the challenge out to Ford and I am absolutely elated that Ford Motor Company rose to the occasion and met that challenge," Buzz Hargrove, head of the Canadian Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford, Canada auto union agree on job-saving deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.