(Adds details) OAKVILLE, Ontario, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. of Canada will spend C$1 billion ($820 million) to turn its Oakville, Ontario plant into a flexible manufacturing operation, the car maker said on Friday. The project would transform the Oakville facility, which makes the Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans, into a flexible assembly plant that could make multiple models on the same assembly line. The updated plant -- on track to be Ford's seventh flexible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford Canada to make C$1 bln plant investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.