(Adds company comment, background, previous Frankfurt) DETROIT, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s German unit plans to cut a further 1,700 jobs by the end of this year through early retirement as Ford's European business seeks to cut costs. Ford spokesman Ken Zino in Dearborn, Michigan, said Ford-Werke AG would offer early retirements to its salaried and hourly work forces, expecting about 700 salaried employees and 1,000 hourly workers to take the offers. Cologne-based Ford-Werke ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford to cut 1,700 German jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.