(Updates first paragraph with new totals from company) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. will cut some 3,000 salaried jobs by releasing 1,700 contract workers and eliminating 1,300 vacant jobs in a bid to slash costs by the end of the year, the company told its employees on Tuesday. The move came the same day the United Auto Workers announced it had ratified new contracts with Ford and Visteon Corp. that lets Ford close four plants employing nearly 4,600 people ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford to cut 3,000 salaried jobs in cost drive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.