(Adds details, background; changes dateline from NEW YORK) DETROIT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Thursday said it was trying to sell its Aston Martin luxury unit to free up funds to invest in its other brands amid a sharp downturn in sales. Ford said there was no assurance that its decision to explore strategic options for Aston Martin would result in a sale of the British carmaker. "As part of our ongoing strategic review, we have determined that Aston Martin may be an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford exploring sale of Aston Martin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.