* Next version of Explorer slated for Chicago Assembly * Ford adding 1,200 jobs at assembly, stamping plants * Investment totals $400 million * Ford shares up nearly 3 pct in morning trade CHICAGO, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will invest nearly $400 million to build a new version of the Ford Explorer SUV in Chicago starting in late 2010, adding 1,200 jobs to area assembly and stamping plants, the automaker said on Tuesday. The automaker plans to add a second production shift ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford investing $400 mln for new Explorer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.