(Updates, adds details) DETROIT, June 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s finance arm said on Monday it would stop leasing vehicles in New York state starting on July 10 due to a state law that holds leasing companies liable for auto accidents. Instead of leases, which account for about 25 percent of all car sales in New York, Ford has said it will shift new leasing customers into so-called "balloon" loans that work like a lease but transfer ownership of the vehicle to the driver. Several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford plans end to leasing in New York" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.