(Adds details on buyouts, industry outlook, background) DETROIT, April 24 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co posted an unexpected quarterly profit on Thursday, led by strong results in Europe and South America and a narrowing loss in North America and sending its shares up 5 percent in premarket trade. Ford said it expects the rest of 2008 to be challenging, cutting its full-year North American outlook for sales, but said it remains committed to its goal of returning North America and its whole ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford posts quarterly profit versus year-ago loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642