(Recasts, adds details) DETROIT, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co on Thursday posted a record loss of $12.7 billion for 2006, capping a troubled year that was the worst ever in its 103-year history. The full-year loss leaped past Ford's previous record net loss of $7.39 in 1992. For the fourth quarter, the No. 2 U.S. automaker posted a loss of almost $5.8 billion, or $3.05 a share, on declining sales of its profitable trucks and charges for employee buyouts. That compared to a loss ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford posts record 2006 loss of $12.7 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.