(Updates with Navistar International statement) DETROIT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co., which is facing mounting pressure to reduce its reliance on gas-guzzling trucks, on Tuesday said it would begin selling a new diesel version of its Super Duty pickup in early 2007. The launch of the heavy-duty, diesel-powered pickup comes at a crucial time for Ford, which has had to slash truck production this year after sales slowed faster than expected in the face of higher U.S. interest rates ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford to roll out new diesel Super Duty truck in 07" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642