(Adds details, background and byline) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said U.S. auto industry sales so far this month have been weaker than expected as consumer confidence has been hit by a slow housing market and rising gas prices. "This month is terrible," Ford chief sales analyst George Pipas said in an interview on Friday . "We are not even close to where we expected to be in April." Pipas said industry volume appeared to be down 10 percent to date ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford says April US auto industry sales weak" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642