(Recasts, adds detail, background) DETROIT, June 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Friday it would slash production and delay the launch of a new version of its top-selling F-150 pickup truck due to a deepening slump in U.S. sales that will weigh on results this year and next. Ford said it would post lower results for its core automotive business this year and said it would be difficult to avoid a loss in 2009. Ford shares dropped 5.5 percent in morning trade on the New York Stock ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford says U.S. sales weaken further; cuts output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.