* U.S. compact car sales rise along with gas prices-Farley * Ford better placed for high gas prices than GM-analyst * Gas prices won't rise as quickly as in 2008-Farley By Lynn Adler NEW YORK, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is positioned to navigate rising oil and gasoline prices with thelaunch of new compact, fuel efficient cars likely to gain market share, a top executive said on Thursday. Cars built on a compact car platform, such as Ford's new global Focus model, will take a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford says well-positioned for rising gas prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.