(Recasts; adds quote, details on domestic industry, byline) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. chief executive Bill Ford said on Tuesday U.S. auto companies remain the foundation of the industry despite their problems, and called on Congress to provide tax credits and other incentives to help drive development of more fuel-efficient vehicles. Ford, who planned to meet with White House officials later in the day on his ideas to lessen consumer dependence on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford seeks U.S. help to make fuel-efficient cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642