(Adds comments from analysts, Ford;, updates stock price, changes dateline from PARIS to DETROIT) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Shares in Ford Motor Co rose more than 5 percent on Wednesday as investors greeted a report that the struggling No. 2 U.S. automaker was open to an alliance with Nissan-Renault. The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that Ford Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford had called Carlos Ghosn, who heads both Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford stock gains after Renault-Nissan report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.