(Adds details in paragraphs 7-9) DETROIT, May 28 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. government, seeking compensation to clean up hazardous waste at a Michigan plant that built military equipment during World Wars One and Two, a spokeswoman said on Friday. The lawsuit, filed in a U.S. District Court in Detroit on Thursday, said the government took over all or part of Ford's historic Rouge manufacturing complex outside Detroit during both wars to build boats, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford sues U.S. government for Mich. plant clean-up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.