(Adds background, comment from Toyota in Japan) NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. , the world's number two automaker, is looking at how to offer Volvo, Land Rover, Mazda and some of its other brands with electric-gasoline "hybrid" engine systems, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday. The paper said talks had taken place with Toyota Motor Corp on a possible engine technology collaboration. Toyota and Honda Motor Co are the world's only automakers to sell hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford talks to Toyota on hybrid vehicles -WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.