(Adds company comment, background, detail) STOCKHOLM, June 25 (Reuters) - Volvo Car Corporation, owned by struggling auto giant Ford Motor Co , said on Wednesday it would cut 2,000 jobs across its operations. Volvo Cars said it planned to slash its work force by 1,400 white collar staff and 600 blue collar workers, its biggest ever round of job cuts, to offset the impact of a weak auto market and surging raw material costs. The company, which has about 25,000 employees, has long been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ford's Volvo Car unit says to cut 2,000 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.