(adds Sarkozy confirmation) By Paul Taylor BRUSSELS, June 21 (Reuters) - France sought on Thursday to remove a key reference to "free and undistorted" competition from a treaty to reform the European Union. French President Nicolas Sarkozy confirmed to reporters that Paris had made the request and said the German EU presidency had granted it. "There was some play on that, but today's presidency document satisfies our demand," he told a news conference. EU diplomats said Paris also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-France seeks to remove competition from EU treaty" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.