(Adds analysis, paragraphs 5-7) By Mark John PARIS, June 25 (Reuters) - French consumer spending dived 1.6 percent in May, its sharpest fall in nearly four years and new proof of the woes in the euro zone's second largest economy. National statistics office INSEE said on Wednesday a 3.7 percent drop in household purchases of cars led spending down, with strong falls also seen in durable goods and clothing. Economists polled by Reuters on average expected spending -- for long the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-French consumer spending slumps in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642