(Adds economists' comments, background) By Joelle Diderich PARIS, Sept 24 (Reuters) - French household spending fluctuated in July and August, but economists said consumers in the euro zone's second largest economy were proving surprisingly resilient despite high unemployment and a glum outlook for 2003. National statistics institute INSEE said on Tuesday expenditure by French households rose 1.3 percent in July and then fell 0.1 percent in August, as strong sales of clothing and shoes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-French consumers buck gloomy economic trend" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642