(Adds background, details) TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd , the maker of Subaru cars, will continue to develop and sell 660cc minivehicles in Japan, its chief executive said on Wednesday, shooting down a newspaper report that it could abandon their development. "We can't give up the segment," Chief Executive Ikuo Mori told reporters, noting that two-thirds of Subaru's domestic sales came from minivehicles, which are sold only in Japan. "We probably won't aggressively ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fuji Heavy CEO: Won't abandon minivehicle segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.