(Adds details, analysts comment) By Alison Leung SHANGHAI, May 26 (Reuters) - Chinese car maker Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. said on Thursday that it will soon assign a contractor to assemble its cars in Malaysia for sale in southeast Asia, moving a step closer to its aim to become an export oriented manufacturer. The home-grown auto maker is in talks with a number of potential dealers and contractors, including Alado Corp., and mass production in Malaysia is expected to start in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Geely to enter southeast Asia via Malaysia assembler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.