(Adds firms confirm stoppages, paragraph 3, economist, 12-13) By Katie Allen BERLIN, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Germany's largest industrial union, IG Metall, staged short strikes across the country on Friday and called on 51,000 workers to leave work early in a mass walkout to pressure employers over pay and working hours. IG Metall said short stoppages on Thursday had been stepped up to whole-day walkouts at some firms on Friday and that tens of thousands of engineering workers had downed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-German engineering union strikes spread" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.