(Adds background) HANOVER, Germany, Nov 21 (Reuters) - German metalworkers are likely to demand pay hikes of four to five percent in the next wage round in 2006, the branch of IG Metall union from the state of Lower Saxony said on Monday. "At heart there's a demand for more money. A demand of between four and five percent is emerging," the union said, referring to comments by IG Metall Lower Saxony chief Hartmut Meine. IG Metall is Germany's largest industrial union, with some 2.4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-German metalworkers see 4-5 pct wage hike demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.