(Adds details, background) BERLIN, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Germany's upper house of parliament approved a revised law governing Volkswagen on Friday even though it fails to address a key European Commission objection that shields the carmaker from takeover. The Bundesrat, or upper house, voted to approve the revised law after the lower house, the Bundestag, had endorsed it on November 13. The new law addresses two lesser points the Commission had challenged: a shareholder's rights are no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-German parliament backs revised VW law" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.