* Plant closures could sour mood of board meeting * Europe struggles to get grip on overcapacity problems * Opel's Bochum, Ellesmere Port plants at risk (Adds quotes, background) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, March 28 (Reuters) - The board of European carmaker Opel met on Wednesday under pressure from U.S. parent General Motors to put an end to years of steep losses, with thousands of workers in Germany and Britain fearing the closure of their plants. The 20-person board, which includes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-German, UK car plants in balance as Opel board meets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.