(Adds new Econ Min quotes in par 11-13, state premiers in par 8) By Madeline Chambers BERLIN, Feb 28 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday a decision on state aid for Opel, a struggling unit of U.S. carmaker General Motors , depended on the firm's long-term outlook and on the readiness of banks to help. A day after GM Europe unveiled a plan to spin off Opel to try to avert job cuts and plant closures, Germany's Economy Minister started consultations with premiers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Germany mulls state aid for stricken carmaker Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.