(Adds background) BERLIN, Jan 30 (Reuters) - European Union President Germany said on Tuesday it would resist attempts from the European Commission to impose a general cap on auto emissions which would apply to all cars. Chancellor Angela Merkel said in a speech to economists and business leaders she regretted that voluntary carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions targets were not being met. "But we must not let the result of that be to impose a general obligation for all cars to be subject to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Germany resists EU plans for blanket CO2 cap on cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.