(Adds details on costs, share price, analyst comment) FRANKFURT, June 30 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental AG will stop making tyres at its Mayfield, Kentucky, plant by the end of this year to cut losses at its U.S. operations, the tyre maker said late on Tuesday. The widely expected move could cost up to 140 million euros ($170.4 million), a spokesman for the automotive supplier said on Wednesday. Continental warned in late March that it might post a charge of up to 160 million euros, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Germany's Continental to end Mayfield tyre making" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.