(Adds quotes) By Janaki Krishnan CHAKAN, India, March 31 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG sees enormous potential in India despite falling industry sales in the economic slowdown, a senior official said on Tuesday at the opening of the German automaker's second factory in the country. Volkswagen Group sells eight models of cars under its Skoda, Audi and Volkswagen brands in India, which are assembled at a Skoda plant at Aurangabad in western India. "India is feeling the effects of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Germany's Volkswagen sees good India potential" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.