* Says total 2,800 staff laid off since Oct 2008 * Planning plant shutdowns, short-time working * Sees FY profit meeting higher end of revised guidance (Adds details) LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - British aerospace and automotive engineer GKN Plc announced the loss of a further 1,400 jobs on Wednesday and said year pretax profit would come in at the higher end of reduced expectations. The company, which employs around 42,000 people, issued two profit warnings within three weeks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GKN cuts further 1,400 jobs, seeks more in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.