(Adds reaction from Ford and Chrysler, details) By Tom Brown DETROIT, Jan 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Thursday ratcheted up consumer incentives on many of its most popular sport utility vehicles in an escalation of Detroit's profit-eating price war. The world's largest automaker said it was raising cash rebates by $500, to a total of $2,500, on the highly profitable Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban, Trailblazer, and GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada SUVs. GM, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM bolsters incentives on popular SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.