(Adds comments from GM, confirmation of Volt investment, background on decision to scrap SUV investment plans) DETROIT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp is delaying planned spending on product development for 2009 and 2010 in a bid to save cash, Automotive News reported on Wednesday. The reduced spending, along with cuts to design, engineering and research budgets, could delay the launch of vehicles such as the Chevrolet Cruze, a fuel-efficient, small sedan that GM has touted as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM delays product development to save cash-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642