DETROIT - Dec 2 (Reuters) - General Motors Co is exploring design changes to the Chevrolet Volt battery to address issues raised after federal safety officials opened a probe into the plug-in electric car, a top executive said on Friday. "We are looking to say, 'Are there some design changes we can make, something even more robust in this location or that location or with this component,'" said Mary Barra, GM's global product development chief. "If we have to do something, we will. "The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM explores Volt battery design changes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642