(Adds details on mileage, batteries, adds quote) DETROIT, Jan 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp said on Thursday it formed a new organization to speed up the implementation of advanced battery technology for hybrid and electric vehicles. The world's largest automaker, which plans to produce the Chevrolet Volt plug-in car by the end of 2010, said the global team will be based in Warren and Milford, Michigan, Mainz- Kastel, Germany and Shanghai, China. The team will be working on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM forms team for hybrids, electric vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.