(Adds quote, U.S. light vehicle market share, background) DETROIT, July 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. said on Friday that it sold 2.4 million vehicles globally in the second quarter, a 8.7 percent increase over the previous quarter. GM said its year-to-date sales were down 2.3 percent to 4.6 million compared to the same period a year ago, largely because of last year's popular employee discount incentive program in North America, which boosted sales, and lower fleet sales in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM global sales rise in quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.