* Adding 1,000 engineers, researchers in 2011-2012 * GM expects to export Volts from Michigan in late 2011 By David Bailey and Bernie Woodall DETROIT, Nov 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Co said on Tuesday it would hire 1,000 engineers and researchers in Michigan over the next two years to develop more electric cars and hybrids as it launched its battery-powered Chevrolet Volt. "Volt clearly demonstrates that we are well on our way and it is especially true when it comes to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM hiring to push electric effort beyond Volt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.