(Adds quote, details) NEW DELHI, May 19 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp , the world's biggest automaker, said on Wednesday it hopes to sign a deal to buy Daewoo India's car plant in the next three months that will help it boost its share in India's booming mini-car market. The U.S. company, in India since the mid-1990s, announced in March it was beginning due diligence of Daewoo's shut plant which it planned to use to make a small car to meet competition from the local units of Suzuki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM hopes to clinch Daewoo India deal in 1-3 months" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.