(Adds GM comment, background on Volt, bylines) By David Bailey and Soyoung Kim DETROIT, Jan 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp has suspended work on a $370 million engine plant in Michigan, forcing it to import engines for the initial production of its all-electric Chevy Volt, a senior union official told Reuters on Wednesday. The move underscores both the pressure on GM to cut costs as it struggles to restructure under federal oversight and on the money-making potential for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to import first Volt engines, plant on hold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.