(Adds details, background) NEW DELHI, Sept 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Co's [GM.UL] Indian unit is partnering local firm Reva Electric Car Co to develop electric vehicles for the Indian market, and hopes to start selling a battery-operated small car within a year. U.S. and many global automakers are betting that battery technology will make electric cars the environmentally friendly transportation of the future amid higher gasoline prices and stricter emission rules. General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM India partnering India's Reva for electric car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.