(Adds quote, details, background, GM declining comment) ROME, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on Monday General Motors Corp.'s interest in buying crisis-hit Fiat's carmaking unit had waned but that Italian entrepreneurs were increasingly keen on investing in it. "With the decline in General Motors' interest, the government hopes for an interest from Italian companies," Berlusconi said in response to a question at his year-end press conference. He did not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM interest in buying Fiat Auto waning-Italian PM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.