* Five plants to get upgrades, retain or create 1,600 jobs * Upgrades for next-gen V8 engines for pickup trucks (Adds information comes from sources, changes dateline from TORONTO) DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Co [GM.UL] on Tuesday will announce an $890 million investment to upgrade five North American plants to build the next-generation engine for its full-sized pickup trucks, according to sources familiar with the plans. The investment will allow GM to retain laid-off ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to invest $890 mln in plant upgrades -sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.