(Adds background, sales figures) SAO PAULO, Brazil, Jan 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. plans to invest $240 million to expand a plant in southern Brazil where it will produce a new model, with Brazil winning out over possible projects in China and Mexico, a spokesman for GM's Brazilian unit said. The investment would increase production at the Gravatai plant, in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul, to 210,000 Celta model cars from the current 120,000 by 2006, he said. The news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to invest in Brazil unit over China, Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642