(adds quotes from GM China chairman) By Tiffany Wu SHANGHAI, Dec 20 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp signed an agreement on Friday to invest in a fourth auto plant in China, doubling its car production capacity in the world's fastest growing auto market. The world's largest automaker said in a statement it bought 25 percent of the 900 million yuan ($109 million) Yantai Bodyshop Corp, longtime partner Shanghai Automotive Industry (Group) Corp took 25 percent and their 50-50 venture, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM invests in fourth auto plant in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.